Wednesday, November 25

Inspired by Avenue Q - job opp resources.

Last night, P and I, plus a whole lot of other people checked out opening night of Avenue Q at CITS.
We scored the half price tix the last day they were available, so our seats were.... sub-par, but that aside, show was funny, great to see a young crowd fill the joint and my $5 pint at Artbar was delicious.

Not sure if you know the storyline, but it's basically about a guy who graduates from university with a BA and no job, no apt, no gf and no cash... you get to know him, his friends (played by a mix of people and puppets) and his love life - it's funny and pretty edgy. One of the songs is called "everybody's a little bit racist" so, i'm sure you can judge the tone from that. hahaha. I have also never seen puppets have sex, and i didn't expect them to know so many positions.

While the main character - Princeton - tries to find his PURPOSE, I started to think about the many people I know that have been inquiring about job opportunities that I may know about. I've been sending out individual emails to people with resources that i know about... but thought it might be helpful to post them here as well:

A couple people to Follow on Twitter:


And a couple sites that you may want to check out or subscribe to - particularly if you're looking to work inside some sort of tech or startup:


That's all of them that I can think of - I'm sure I'm missing some good resources, so as per the usual - please feel free to email or post in the comments.

H.

PS. To look for volunteer positions... try these:
@kwvac (Volunteer Centre KW)


2 comments:

  1. So Twitter IS good for something :P Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we saw avenue q in new york for my birthday one year, and i am SO happy you got the chance to experience "when you rove someone"... and other classics. ha ha ha... miss you!

    ReplyDelete

You asked for it. Leave a comment.